We Will Help You Through The Workers’ Compensation Process
For anyone injured at work seeking workers’ compensation benefits, the process is extremely complicated and there are many hidden pitfalls that result in many injured workers not receiving the compensation they need.
Let us help you. At DiLoreto, Cosentino & Bolinger, our attorneys have more than 40 years of experience helping clients through the workers’ compensation process. We represent injured workers in Chambersburg, Franklin County and throughout central Pennsylvania.
Steps In The Process
- See a doctor: If you are seriously hurt, go get medical help right away, especially if the injuries require immediate attention.
- Contact an attorney: There are many potential pitfalls in every step of the workers’ compensation process. Having an experienced lawyer handling your case can help streamline the process and protect your rights throughout to make sure you do not lose your opportunity to obtain the compensation you need.
- Notify your employer: You have 120 days to notify your employer, but it’s best to do this right away. And your employer has to notify the insurance carrier soon.
- Choose your doctor: Your employer should have a list of approved doctors that you can choose from for an independent medical examination (IME).
- Acceptance or denial: The employer will either accept liability for your claim or deny it.
If your claim has been denied, our lawyers can help you through the various appeals processes and make sure you have the best chance of success. If your claim has been accepted, we will help you determine whether to settle for a lump sum payment or accept ongoing compensation. Either way, the payment you receive from the workers’ compensation program will likely remain completely inadequate to cover the full extent of your costs and damages. We can discuss a third-party liability claim to ensure you receive the full compensation award you need.
Call For Help With This Complex Process. Free Consultations.
Call us as soon as possible at 866-967-7235, or email us to schedule your free initial consultation. We offer free consultations and take claims on contingency, so you will not be asked to pay any fees until we are successful.